Accelerate your brand in the world’s largest eCommerce market on the leading marketplaces, social commerce and from your own website.
As one of the few Western companies experienced in this eCommerce format we are uniquely positioned to help brands access the livestream community in China
What we do
Through our technology and managed services, we provide brands with access to the incredible sales opportunity that live stream commerce in China represents.
Live stream sales in China are expected to generate $423bn by the end of 2022
5 reasons beauty brands should be thinking about selling on Douyin right now:
- #1 social commerce app with 39% of livestreaming market GMV share, with the average user spending 96 minutes on the platform daily
- A livestream-driven sales channel, is well-suited for beauty brands that have a high visual impact and a unique story, ingredient or technology
- High average order value of £60 across our brand partners
- Over 60% of the top 100 global luxury companies are represented on the platform
- The number of luxury content creators with >10M followers has grown by +260% in 2021
WeChat mini programs present a cost-effective way to enter the Chinese market and build up your brand before taking the step of launching a D2C store. Once you establish brand awareness in the market on WeChat the next step is to take full advantage of an owned flagship Tmall store.
Samarkand Global works with China's top influencers and the most renowned channels in the beauty and skincare sector.
KOL-led WeChat Mini-programs:
- iDS - led by Yu Xiaoge 于小戈, AKA Hugo Yu, an ex-editor in Chief of Harper’s Bazaar in China and one of China’s most influential women in the fields of beauty and e-commerce
- Tracey - led by a former beauty queen with over 1 million followers. Tracey is Chinese beauty-blogger and full-time news reporter for CCTV. In 24h sales from the launch of her WeChat mini program exceeded 2 million Yuan. She has worked with Charlotte Tilbury, ICONIC London, Temple Spa and many more
- Yitiao - led by Xu Husheng, former executive editor-in-chief of the Bund Pictorial and Shanghai Weekly, Yitiao 一条 launched as a short video platform and quickly became a popular eCommerce store. It now boasts over 5 million subscribers and 15 Offline retails outlets
- Aroseisarose - led by influencer Zhang Xiaohui, AKA Teresa. Her articles on beauty, fashion, and lifestyle regularly receive 100k+ reads, and her recommendations and endorsements are highly trusted by her fans. She works with skincare brands such as 111SKIN
TikTok, known in China as Douyin, is a video-focused social networking service owned by Chinese company ByteDance Ltd. While is started as a space to share short videos, brands sat up and took notice when it gained popularity and TikTok is becoming a force in social commerce.
- Over 100 million active monthly users
- Reaches a young demographic - 69% of all users on TikTok are between 13 and 24
- TikTok influencers can help market and sell your products to their sizeable following. Audiences trust their chosen influencers, making them more likely to buy.
- Diverse and personalised content to showcase unique brands
- As a relatively new platform TikTok is not saturated like traditional social media - making it the home of innovation and opportunity